Gladius Arena
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gladius Arena

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where should I go with this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Owns : Everyone
Honor : Caeser

Where should I go with this? Empty
PostSubject: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 am

Should this game...

A : Become a board game
B : Stay as it is, a forum-based role-playing game
C : Become a single player RPG game
D : Become a mmorpg (I have no experience in this one, and thus, have no clue where to begin)
Back to top Go down
https://gladius.forumotion.net
Fizzit

Fizzit

Owns : Izabella Montoya
HP : 9/9
AP : 4
SP : 5
EXP : 7
Gold Coins : 15
Honor : 4
Deaths : 0

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Well i deff love the Multiplayer aspect of it, its a great idea. Its only fallback i suppose is the fact a lot of it is done by yourself. Making it a strain i imagin on yourself always having to do everything, Maybe try automating some of it?? No idea how......

I do love the RP factor of it though and the way we interact with each other. And the D&D style missions are great.
Back to top Go down
bloogle

Owns : Malachai Thirdash
HP : 15/15
SP : 6
EXP : 15
Gold Coins : 40
Honor : 17

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:55 pm

I like the current set up personally
Back to top Go down
swampmage

Owns : Paul Bushmark
HP : 10/14
AP : 6
SP : 3
EXP : 21
Gold Coins : 38
Honor : 26

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Hmm that's a good question.
I could definitely see it as a board game or even a CCG (collectible card game). I was a fan of Magic: The Gathering way back and could see Gladius in that form.

As a single play RPG you'd loose the banter between players and a good deal of the rp involved. I think that is a major part of what makes Gladius entertaining.

As a forum game it would only work with a small audience (unless you have infinite time to devote to skulk around the boards) or if you could devise a way of scripting it (though I would miss the admin's comments in the potion shop, it added something that the potion dealer would sometimes comment on your latest battles)

You could also go the route of a browser based game like Legends of Zork, but again you would miss out on the interaction between masters.

Anyway you slice it you have a good idea here and I'd like to see it live on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:03 pm

So, I like it as is.... but as you said above, it needs some automation. Even with a mere 6 players, it's incredibly difficult for me to finish battles. And I only have very little time to dedicate to doing so. However, I also love the idea of it being a board game/card game. That would be rather cool... and I'll look into that a bit.
Back to top Go down
Vlaeder

Owns : Xavion Benten
HP : 10/11
EXP : 19
Gold Coins : 11
Honor : 23

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 1:40 pm

I'm here to help with battles.

I think it is fine the way it is. The RP would be lost in the other ways, except the MMORPG. How you could manage that I'm not sure, but it would require coding even if you used an engine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Yea, I just wish there was a better way of automating battles... maybe a way to simplify it without taking much away from the dynamics...
Back to top Go down
Vlaeder

Owns : Xavion Benten
HP : 10/11
EXP : 19
Gold Coins : 11
Honor : 23

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Norton, any idea when the next challenge takes place, or even what it is? If you don't, then I might be able to make a challenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where should I go with this?   Where should I go with this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where should I go with this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gladius Arena :: Courtyard :: Courtyard-
Jump to: